topbella

Friday, March 6, 2015

Wisdom & Hard Decisions, By Elizabeth A.


Wisdom & Hard Decisions
By Elizabeth A.

Lately, I've been struggling with making decisions. I want to do this, but God might want that. Or I think God wants this … but, no, maybe He doesn't. It's really frustrating, and hard, and I just want to settle on something.  
Sometimes I think God will answer me by giving me a direct answer, or giving me a sign, but after asking one of my friends to pray for me and seeing a few verses, I realize it's not just about God telling me what to do -- God gives us wisdom.  
In James 1:5, God says 'If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.' (NIV) 
I think that shows how incredible God is; that He doesn't just want to tell us what to do and give us all the answers, but He wants to give us wisdom, so that we can learn and grow and understand His ways for ourselves!  
A good example of how much God values our asking for wisdom is Solomon. King Solomon was told he could have anything he wanted (ANYTHING: wealth, power, the destruction of his enemies, etc.), but he asked for wisdom. God was so pleased, that He not only gave him wisdom to be a just, good king, but He also gave him 'both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days.' (1 Kings 3:13, NIV)  
And it can be exactly like that for us, too. When we face tough decisions, and we don't know what to do, God will give us wisdom if we ask. I don't know what you're facing; if it's big, or small, or just something you're curious about, but don't forget that even when you doubt your decisions, God will come through.  
If you ask Him for wisdom, He promises you that you will have it, and you can be sure that whatever you decide, God always 'works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.' (Romans 8:28, NIV)  
In that way, you can have faith that God is there, that He respects your decision, and that He is so glad that you asked Him to help you! I definitely want Him to show me wisdom in all of my life decisions.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge