topbella

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Lies Stopping Us

The Lies Stopping Us

 By Kaitlyn F.

Casting Crowns has a song called the "Love You with the Truth." I love this song, and I really love the first three lines, "For the longest time / I believed the lies / That I'm not a strong enough believer." In the song, it talks about believing the lies that you can't share the truth with your friends. But I feel like the beginning of the song can be related to other parts of our lives.



For the longest time, I believed the ...

lie that I'm not important.

lie that I'm not pretty.

lie that I'm not smart.

lie that I'm don't have a purpose.

lie that no one loves me.

lie that I'm messed up to much for God to forgive me.

lie that God doesn't hear my prayers.

lie that I will never be able to follow my dreams.

lie that I am weak and unable to do anything for myself.

and so on.



Most of us can fall somewhere on that list, and if not on that list we all have some lie that we have in the back of our mind. The thing is, they are LIES, from Satan. The last part of John 8:44 says, "When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies"  Satan is trying to destroy you so that you turn away from God. But he is telling lies, and lies aren't true. If you want to know what is true, then read the bible and believe what it says. If you don't know where to start with trying to find the truth to your lives, may I suggest Google. Google can help pinpoint verses to a specific topic that you enter. It is a marvelous thing, when you use it.

But trust me, those lies that you are holding onto is stopping God from doing amazing things with your life. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge