topbella

Friday, March 28, 2014

What God Says About Anger

What God Says About Anger

By Beatrix C. 
Recently my mother has withdrawn me from my current school and decided 
that I'm to be home schooled.I don't mind that, and I'm actually happy she did.
I wanted to tell everyone, but Mom said to wait. Well, if she didn't think I was
going to at least tell my BFFL (Best Friend For Life), she's crazy. So I told her.
I also had a game coming up - a soccer game, and my team’s first game. 
Well, I wondered if I could at least play that game, so I asked my friend to 
explain to the coach why I wouldn't be at practice anymore, and if I could play 
that one game. And my friend told her not to tell anyone else. Well, she turned
around and told the ENTIRE team! Cat's out of the bag, you could say. She 
also asked my mom about it. So my mom, in turn, got mad at me for telling my 
friend, who told the teacher. That made me mad; I was furious. Coach had 
broken my trust and blew it! So I sent her an angry text on how I didn't 
appreciate the fact that she told the entire team, and that I was going to tell 
them on Friday. The point is that the text I sent was really, really rude. I also 
got my friend in the middle of it. My friend told her mom, and her mom said 
she should apologize to my mom for telling the teacher and that she should 
have just let me tell coach and that she can be blamed. I immediately felt 
awful. I sent her mom an apology text about getting my friend into all of it. She
found what I did understandable because she had done it once or twice. Then 
she sent me a verse. 

James 1:19-21
“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to 
listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not
produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth 
and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, 
which can save you.”

That verse really got to me. And lots of guilt slammed on my shoulders. I sent 
Coach another text. This time it was an apology. And that the words that I had 
sent to her were out of anger. I then sent a text to my Mom, apologizing for 
telling my friend, and for not getting her permission first to do so. And everything
was fine between my friend’s and my mothers. Coach hasn't said anything so I 
wonder....The lesson here, girls, is that we should be slow to anger. For when 
we are angry, we often do not have much thought into our next actions. Learn 
from my mistakes. Don't repeat them. They will only make life worse.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge